I know...I have been the lamest blogger this summer. If you could get fired at blogging...I would SO be fired! Our internet has been down for TWO weeks as we have been awaiting the Verizon Lazies to come and fix it. I have SO much catching up to do!
In this life I am a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you are a bear you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months; I could handle that. Before you hibernate, you are supposed to eat yourself stupid, I could deal with that too. When you're a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping, and wake up to cute, cuddly, partially grown cubs. I could definitely deal with that.
Thanks Mom...this was too cute!
Created by Katrina at 1:47 PM
John helped me pack the car up the night before our trip so that we would be all ready to go at 4am. Because we left so early, we got there by 2 in the afternoon. That was with 2 hours of breaks. That didn't seem so bad to cross three states!
It was so great to finally get there and to see all of our families sweet faces. There home is beautiful and I loved their city. We got straight to having fun!!!
So I hope that little Sophie's mom doesn't kill me for putting these compromising pictures on my blog but I can't help but crack up when I look at them. I am already laughing...check out these girls faces and neck regions....They are HILARIOUS! They were having so much fun jumping around together.
John and James mom made these dresses...and they are beautiful. It was so fun to have all of the girls wear them to church on Sunday!
I just love my sister-in-law! From the moment that I got engaged to John she has been so welcoming and loving and fun!! I talk to her on the phone constantly and she is such a great person to get ideas from, or to just laugh with! Visiting her was so special. She spent SO much time in the kitchen preparing some of the YUMMIEST dishes and desserts ever. Jen is incredibly thoughtful and just wanted us to have a good time...and we had a great time! Some of my favorite things about visiting Jen and James:
1. I took my first trip to World Market. It wasn't exactly what I was imagining but I did enjoy it a lot!
2. I took my first trip to IKEA. Although my decorating style is not really modern, I LOVED IT! I didn't love the furniture as much as I loved all of the little doo dads that you can use to spruce up your house. And the organizational items are always a favorite with me. We spent a really long time there and I am so glad that we did. We ate lunch at the little cafeteria there while the kids watched a movie that was provided. That's my kind of day!
3. Jen had a Little Miss Priss party for me! Thanks Jen! That day was filled with baking, cleaning, and preparing the product! What a fun party it was though. It was so great to meet all of her friends. One of those wonderful friends happened to be one of my BYU roommates which was SO fun to catch up with her. On Sunday I ran into another roomate of mine from BYU Idaho...what are the chances?
4. Eating dinner on their covered porch. It was perfect.
5. Our kids played fabulously together! I wasn't so sure how that was going to go but I was so surprised when they hardly argued!
6. Icecream Pie, Nanimo Bars, Lemon Bars, Chocolate Lava Muffins!
7. My kids always miss their daddy so much when we are away from him. That part...I do NOT love. But what was great was that Johns brother James played the daddy dummie. Seriously...my two youngest must have been so delirious because they thought that James was John. Atleast...they accepted his as daddy while theirs was not available. Talon did not want anyone but me...or James. Isabella would ask when daddy was coming home all day long. As soon as James walked in the door she was all over him! So do they smell the same? So they breath the same? Do they talk the same? Do they look the same? I don't think they do...Thanks James!
8. Johns littlest sister was visiting Jen and James at the same time as us and she was a huge help with the kids. Thanks Hannah!
Created by Katrina at 1:33 PM
It was so fun to have a quick visit from my sweet friend Chrissy and her ADORABLE family! They were passing through and we were so glad that they could stay the night and the kids could play. She has 4 children and they are so great! Isabella will randomly ask if she can play with Khloe (and she always mentions the stroller that they both wanted!!!) Too Funny! I was sad that we couldn't spend more time with them but look forward to the time when we can.
Created by Katrina at 12:42 PM
Hailey shared her birthday this year with her daddy for Father's Day! We had her party a few days before since it fell on a Sunday. I have been planning on not having a friends birthday party this year because I thought we would be moving. With our change in plans I thought maybe I would do something really small. I asked her what kind of a party she wanted and she said that she wanted an Oreo cake and an Oreo party. I thought it would be fun so I went with it. I'll let the pictures tell the story since they do a better job than I can!
Of course If you are going to have an Oreo party, then you need to have Oreos...lots of them. We had all of the fun varieties and we covered normal Double Stuffed Oreos with Chocolate and covered them with candies. I have heard before that Oreos are just about the worst cookie you could be eating. Well...we just made it a whole lot worse!! I made sure that they each had a carrot stick before they started devouring the cookies (does it help that they were REALLY big carrot sticks?)
This was an awesome Oreo cake! I decided to skip out on the Oreo icecream because I figured that they had enough sugar already!
We played some fun games. This Cookie Monster of ours has a Oreo tied around his neck. The girls took turns hiding him and letting the rest of us find him. Here's me...so happy that I found him!
I found this game online. It's basically memory, but with shapes. The Oreos match up and can be put together. It even came with a cookie jar...very cute. We have played it a ton since then and we all have a great time!
We are so lucky to have a clown in our family. John did some magic tricks for the girls and they thought he was so cool. He is pretty cool!
Here is the party group. Two little girls that Hailey adores. We are all dressed in Black and White to help the celebration.
I love my little Hailey Bailey so much. When I think back on her last five years, I am amazed at how quickly the time has gone by. She amazes me everyday. For example...today she was teaching herself how to ride a bike without training wheels. She of course had one of her friends helping her hold the bike while she took off. It's just so like her to figure it out on her own. She also taught herself how to swim...I still haven't decided if she can swim in deeper water. She likes to take breaks by putting her feet on the bottom of the pool. She is a very independent girl but still has her insecurities. She is STILL NOT excited about Kindergarten and I'm not sure if this will ever change. Hailey is still attached to her blanket and if she gets sad, or hurt she has to take a snuggle from her pink square blanket.
Happy 5th Birthday Hailey!!
Created by Katrina at 10:23 PM
I am so frustrated....I have SO much to blog about but I cannot find my USB camera cord. It has been lost in the shuffle of traveling. You now my posts are mostly pictures so I HAVE to wait!!
Here's a little something to blog about...no pictures necessary. I have lost 8 pounds since Monday! I lose about 2 pounds a day! For REAL! Okay...it has been hard. I have been a little hungry. I have had to exercise. But....eating steak, and bacon, and eggs, and cheese (lots of cheese), and burgers has been worth it! I have decided that July is my month to focus on losing my pregnancy weight from Talon. I gained about 50 pounds when I was pregnant with him and I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. I usually lose MUCH more than that during the first postnatal month. I have had the hardest time breaking the last 30 pounds and although I wasn't miserable (and most people could not even tell) I have been REALLY missing all of my clothes. So some say that they lose their weight while nursing and others can't get rid of it until they are done. I have not been able to decide if I have been suffering from the later and as soon as Talon is done nursing then it would fall off (not likely) or if it is because I have NEVER craved so much chocolate as I have since nursing him. Since he doesn't seem to be given up on breast feeding anytime soon, I can't wait to find out!
I have been doing kind of a combination of Atkins, South Beach, and The Weigh Station. I am trying to focus on the strictest part of each diet to maximize my weight loss (after all I am only doing this for July). So how am I going to maintain the lose after July??? That's a great question...but I plan on exercising ALOT and still being cautious of carbs. I will only make desserts on Sunday (yeah...I would make them every night if I didn't put a limit).
So I feel great! It has been relatively easy (besides the shakes and the lack of all the yummy treats out there) but for 8 pounds in 4 days....WAHOO!!!
Created by Katrina at 7:22 AM