2.11.2009

Where in the World can I get uncooked flour tortillas?


While in Utah, my mother-in-law introduced me to tortillas that you buy uncooked and you then cook them yourselves and they are the BEST! So much better than normal tortillas. She bought them at Costco and I was pumped to come home and purchase them here in Virginia. SO SAD...they don't sell them at my Costco. So I am pleading and begging all of you out there- DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY THESE?
I found these fresh taco shells (they come with the molds and you just bake them up) and they were so fun and very yummy. The kids thought they were so cool. I bought them at Walmart in the refrigerator Mexican section. Like where you buy the cream cheese and Lenders Bagels. Give them a try!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Yum! We love those costco uncooked tortillas too...so good with butter, cinammon and sugar! I don't know where else to buy them, but I do have a friend who makes her own and they are easy and tasty, let me know if you want me to get the recipe for you if your searches for the other kind fail!

Jacquie Six said...

I checked at Costco.com but it didn't list any. Have you asked the store if you can order them? I have a recipe to make flour tortillas if you want it. Simple and tastes so fresh. Just give me a call if you do. Oh and just because I may forget as it gets closer, happy birthday next week!!

The Risdons said...

i just buy them at Safeway. I think it's the same as Vons. I don't know what their sister store is out there.

Heidi said...

I like the ones you get at Walmart too but I've never even seen uncooked tortillas. Now I will be on the look out.

Chablis said...

Oh yes, my mom is famous for using uncooked tortillas too! That looks SOOOO yummy!

I'm glad Izzy had a good birthday. It was so fun to see the Burtons in the background. I knew her birthday was sometime around here. But between you, her, Lincoln, Richard, my F-I-L and S-I-L I always get the exact dates so mixed up! Give her a big birthday kiss for me.

Holly said...

Those things are to LIVE for! Hear, hear to the butter, sugar and cinnamon, too. Yeah, I've also heard if they carry it in one Costco, you can request to get them in another one. I've never tried it before, but it's worth it for those!

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I am in NOVA and looking for uncooked flour tortillas.

NO luck at any Safeways or Costco, despite what the Tortillaland website store locator says.

: (

Have you had any luck?...