3.06.2009

What a great birthday!

My birthday was SO great! I seriously have the best family and friends ever. My morning started off with John making me a delicious breakfast. After John brought Hailey to the bus stop he told me that I needed to get ready for the rest of my day. He had told Hailey that she was going to take me to get a pedicure and then out to lunch. We had so much fun together. I picked her up from school and we had a P A R-T A Y!! She thought that it was so fun to pick out her own nail polish out of the 100 choices! It was so relaxing. I had forgotten how much I love to get my nails done.



For lunch she wanted to take me to Chuck E Cheese's but I wasn't so excited about eating pizza for lunch. I was thinking more along the lines of a nice sit down meal that we could share a dish together and chat. Our nails took a little bit longer then I thought and I was worried about my hungry little guy at home so we opted for Chick-Fil-A....yummy food, quiet restful atmosphere, and quick! It was great! Thanks for taking me out for the morning Hailey!
When we got home John had all of my gifts sitting out and a beautiful Butterfly cake that he did ALL BY HIMSELF! He knows that I don't like store bought frosting and so he made a tasty Buttercream Frosting. I was so surprised. He had hid all of the things to make me this cake and it was so sweet. I love surprises!


For dinner, John had made arrangements with my Aunt Dixie (THANK YOU SO MUCH) who was sweet enough to offer her services to us. She came over and played with the girls while we took Talon with us to Friday's. The girls love her so it was perfect. We had a great time while traveling in the car to the restaurant (Talon was asleep and there was rush hour traffic so we had some quiet time with just the two of us). The rest of the evening wasn't as successful. Talon cried the entire time that we were at dinner and our food was NASTY! Our waiter was also the bus boy and the Host...and the place was packed. It was still nice to get away from the house and the normal evening routine. We sure did have lots of laughs!! We came home to happy little girls which makes the evening a success!
About a week later we were able to go out again (thanks Burtons!!) and the night went more smooth. It was our first time leaving Talon and WOW it was so nice to be just with John.
Thank you for all of the wonderful gifts, phone calls, and emails! It was a great birthday!!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Brithday Katrina! I love that John made you a butterfly cake! How rad is that?!

Danica said...

Happy Birthday. Wow! What a great day. I love birthdays! It is so nice that eventhough we are not kids anymore their are people who still make us feel special on our days. I'm so impressed with the cake your husband made! And what a fun day out with your daughter!

Britney said...

Happy Birthday! You're pictures are great! How fun to get a pedi with your daughter! Good to see you all are doing well!

Jones said...

happy happy birthday! I know, I'm a little late ...and props to John on that cake, very impressive! I think I'll show it to Rocky, hint hint, make me a cake, lol.

Chablis said...

What a sweet idea for Hailey to take you out for your birthday! John really outdid himself! That is so sweet. You'r hair is sooo long! You look like you did when we first met...so pretty! Love you.

Beth said...

How FUN! Glad you had a great birthday! Love the Mommy-Daughter date, and how nice of John to make you a cake! Happy Birthday!

rnichols said...

What a fun b-day! I knew that you guys were in VA, but not Virginia Beach. The lake house is at Lake Gaston. We're in Raleigh. I LOVE your watches. What a talent.

CLAMES said...

I can't believe your husband made that cake! Wow.