11.01.2008

HALLOWEEN!!!!

What is it about Halloween that is so darn fun?? Could it be that we get to dress up and be whatever we want to be? Could it be that we get to eat a disgusting amount of candy? Or could it be the memories that we make with friends and families as we gather for a good time? For me....it is all of the above! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Here we have Princess Aurora and a Butterfly! Hailey was really cold and didn't want to take her coat off, she eventually did but of course I have no picture of that. I wish that I would have taken a picture of her hair and make-up too! Hailey loves that part of Halloween. She has glitter all over her hair and body.


Here's the silliest clown that you ever did meet. He kept trying to be funny atleast, but he came across as a little scary. What is it about clowns and nightmares?? Isabella wasn't so sure about this at first but she soon warmed up to her loving, sweet daddy underneath the spooky white face.

Isabella was the cutest Carebear that there ever was. She is a sweet tooth and so Halloween was FANTASTIC to her. Her favorite candy of choice???? A dum dum! Who would have guessed. She just kept opening those suckers up, one after another. She would take a nice juicy lick and then put it down and open another one. When I went through her bucket last night I took out 20 opened and licked lollipops! She was in Carebear heaven.

Talon slept most of the night but he did make a short appearance. He was a soft and cuddly teddy bear! We went to Trunk-or-Treat at our church which is perfect for our age of kids. They each went around a few times and we called it a night. By the time we decided to head home, Hailey had a tummy ache and was crying, Talon had decided that he was ready for some food and was balling. Isabella had just not had enough fun and wanted to keep going. She would NOT let go of her pumpkin (I don't blame her) but we couldn't get her in her carseat if she didn't let go. She was SCREAMING and ARCHING her back and in the process we had a very unhappy little girl! John and I just looked at each other and said, "Is this all worth it?" And the answer is YES! Sometimes making memories isn't easy but it is worth every second. Hailey came home and got straight into bed, she didn't even want to look at her candy! I was so surprised that both of our children were in bed and asleep by 8:00 on Halloween! I was planning on them having a late night...but when your kids are practically begging to go to sleep...it's hard not to let them. John and I stopped at Moe's (yummy) on the way home and so we relaxed and enjoyed each others company for the rest of the night! Well, actually I crashed at about 9:30 after a very exciting day!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

9 comments:

Ashcraft Adventures said...

You guys look GREAT!!! I didnt even recognize that clown was John:) And the memories of Halloween are sooo fun...its only 8 in the morning and the kids already have their costumes on again!!! Enjoy the moments while we have them!

The Adams Family said...

Holy cow, you look so pretty! I feel like a schmuck, I didn't do a thing to myself. John looks so funny! I would have never pictured him dressing up like that. Trunk or treat is way funner that just going around the neighborhood, I think. I really missed it last night.

Jones said...

oh my gosh, I just LOVE how you and John were dressed up too! Every year I say I'm going to get a costume, but I never do!

so fun, I love Halloween too!

Colleen said...

Great cosutmes! I love the lollipop story, yummy!

Vicki said...

I love your Halloween pictures. What a sharp Halloween Family!

Jen said...

Cute pictures, although I have to agree that the clown was a little scary...

Heidi said...

Why does looking at your blog make me so emotional sometimes?? I just remember last Halloween and all the fun we had. I really miss those Virginia Beach days and REALLY miss you!!
You look simply beautiful and let John know his costume is AWESOME...what a stud!! Love you - Heidi

Mommom said...

We loved seeing Isabel Trunk or treat! I just had to stop in and tell you how much fun it was to watch her find out how much fun Halloween is.

Lehis said...

That is so funny. I don't think AJ has ever even had a sucker, but on Halloween he ate 3 WHOLE suckers!! The tootsie roll in the middle and all! So crazy. You guys look great. Such better parents. We didn't dress up.