9.13.2008

One Happy Guy

It's hard not to blog about the new baby in our life...since that is what is new to us right now, but I promise to try and be well rounded. I just have a few comments to make about the great feelings that I have had about having a son for John to love and bond with. John is a great girl dad...meaning he understands the whole doll and purse thing and enjoys them getting all fancied up. But...there is something to be said for a man having a little boy to do boy things with. He had a little date with Talon tonight watching his first football game. This is one of John's favorite things to do and I'm sure this was just one of many nights like this. It makes me so happy to see John enjoying him so much. Sure, Talon slept most of the game but it is sweet to think of the good times to come. We have been blessed beyond words.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Boys are pretty amazing, although, I have nothing to compare it to like you! It will be fun to hear how different/similar you find Talon to be!

About Me said...

Brady will deck Ellie out in BYU attire and then they watch the games together, it is pretty cute:) Talon is a cutie:)

The Adams Family said...

I'm crying, of course because I'm emotionally preggo. I can't wait for my little boy to be here, looking at how sweet Talon is makes me jealous! John is SUCH a good dad! It's funny that the girls will be content listnening to that book, they probably just want to be cuddling with daddy! Great moments!

Lehis said...

Yup... Aaron throws all the BYU gear he can on AJ and Mikko and tries to get them to sit down and watch the game... it doesn't usually happen, not yet anyway. However, when we sing the fight song after BYU gets a touch down (yes, we actually do this, and yes, we did it all 8 times last week) AJ now knows how to clap, roll his arms, and thrust his arm in the air for "Go Cougars". Aaron was in heaven. And John will be too. And I agree, there is something special about a father and son (just as there is about a father and daughter), but I bet its fun to experience something new... Have fun!

Natalie said...

Katrina Love the new posts! I finally got some of your pics, briefly edited, they are on my blog. I will add borders and such later, I'm still having issues with my computer! let me know what you think!