9.30.2007

My Husband











My husband...

What is his name? John Clark Hecker- Husband, Father, Son, Graduate Student, Executive Secretary, Psychologist, Tennis Player, Golfer, Mountain Climber

How long have you been together?
We met on August 1st 2002-engaged on October 19th 2002-married April 25th 2003! That's over five years! Time sure does fly by.

Who eats more? He has the capability of eating more but I eat more through out the day. He'll leave for school in the morning with maybe a PB sandwich and won't eat again until dinner...are you kiddin' me?? I have to have three meals and almost always have to have a snack in between...I'm on my preschoolers schedule!! Can you tell. He does love candy and treats though...I can't eat as much of that as he can.

Who said I love you first? John did! When we were dating he would leave me love notes taped onto my apartment door. That's actually where he first said that he was falling in love with me. It was a really sweet letter and of course...I scrapbooked it!

Who is taller? John is...thank goodness. With me being as tall as I am and loving heels as much as I do, I can occasionally be taller than him.

Who sings better?
Hmmm...that's a good one because we are both not so great. We both enjoy it though and that's always fun. He actually can be really good when he sings some songs. He can melt my heart with his attempt at seranading me.

Who is smarter?
Well, with him going to school so much and me watching Barney and Caillou all day, I think that he's passing me up! He has always been really good at complicated math but has recently also become very good at writing!

Whose temper is worse?
Johns!! I think it's all the stress that comes from being in graduate school. I have my moments of breakdowns too of course.

Who does the laundry?
ME!! John has attempted to do his own for a little while but has realized that he just didn't have anytime. I feel like I do laundry all the time. Just when it's finally all folded and put away, the baskets are full again. I have put a ban on my family before...cursing the next person to get their clothes dirty.

Who pays the bills?
We actually both do. He deals with the cars, school, and loans and I do the power, cable, internet, and cell phone.

Who mows the lawn?
Ummmm...no lawn for us...unfortunitly. He does talk about how he is excited to one day be able to do the yard work...for now I do the flowering! I did ask him to water my plants for week while I was out-of-town and he did it the first day and then forgot for the rest of the week. The funny thing is that he had to walk right past them everyday to get to school.

Who cooks dinner?
I do because I have more time. He likes to though. He's very good in the kitchen and doesn't use recipes. He's creative with food.

Who is more stubborn?
Hmmm...it depends on what it's about. We are both pretty strong willed.

Who asked whom out?
John asked me out the first night that we met.

Who kissed whom first?
I think that John did but I made it pretty easy for him. We were actually at the temple, we had just watched the Testaments.

Who wears the pants in the family?
Some of our friends think that I do but it's SOOOOO John!

Thanks Andrea for the great idea!
Everyone on my friends and family list is tagged!!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I just love John...so handsome and such a sweetheart! Any of those cute love notes lately.....?

Andrea said...

I like the pictures you included with this post. Fun!

The Adams Family said...

This is so sweet!! I bet he loves you talking about him, words that sometimes go unsaid. Great idea, however I'm not sure Scott would be up for it!!

Jen said...

John does make some mean chocolate chip cookies--and always without a recipe! Impressive.

Leah said...

so fun...it's so much fun to keep up with you guys, since we don't talk often enough. But there's never enough time anyway..love you and hope to see you sometime soon

Bonnie Wayne said...

Yeah - I like this one. I just did this on my blog too :) Its nice to get some fun insight into the marriage with the husband post. You guys sound totally cute. I didn't realize your husband was going to grad school - what is he going for? And by the way, that cake above looks FAB!

Beth said...

I love that your first kiss was outside the temple after watching the Testament! Classic!

Anonymous said...

Oxe j rii q franksxxxlinks, hot xxx movies. Rim c, rgz exviuk|uzf wcignon g qv rb.